Friday, December 24, 2010

Somethings Missing......


Or Someone!

Military families know all too well that the holidays are either extra special, because your loved one is home with you, or a little lonely, because they have to be away.  We are facing the latter this year.  As I look at the picture above I can see the joy on my children's faces and I can think of some many things we have to be thankful for, but at the same time it is hard to miss the fact that someone very special is missing. 

I am not going to complain or feel sorry for myself, because I know that there are many military families that are celebrating this time of year not only away from their loved one, but mourning the loss of their loved one.  Please don't forget as you celebrate with your family this year that there are many that are coping with loss and separation.  Please say a little prayer for them.

On a different note: I have to say that so many people have really went out of their way to try and fill in some of the void that my family feels at this time of the year.  I have been invited over to multiple homes for Christmas (I actually had to turn one friend down because I already had plans), have received goodies (thanks Carma, Diana, Laura!), notes, texts, packages, emails, calls, etc. from people just checking in on us and wanting to let us know that they are thinking of us.  I really have some great people in my life and I am so thankful.  God always provides just what we need. 

Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment